Home | Things to do | Glenluce Abbey | Glenluce Viaduct | Accommodation | Community Events | Find Glenluce | Contact Us | Community Council

Community Council

Things to do in and around Glenluce
Community events in Glenluce
Glenluce Online community website home page

Glenluce welcomes visitors
The approach into Glenluce from the east
Glenluce war memorial
The clock tower in Glenluce
The peaceful main street in Glenluce

Old Luce Community Council serves a population of around 1,300 people in Glenluce and the surrounding area.

The AGM of the Community Council is held in May and council meetings are held on the first Monday of each month, starting at 8pm.

Officers of the council are:
Chairman: Mr Fred Murray
Click here to email

Vice Chairman: Mr Ian Paterson
Click here to email

Secretary: Mr Robert Higgins

Treasurer: Mr Derek Sloan


Community Councillor: Mrs Julie-Anne Copeland

Community Councillor: Mrs Elizabeth Innes 

Community Councillor: Mrs Caroline Heron

Community Councillor: Miss Diane Lowe

Community Councillor: Mr Tom McKie

Community Councillor: Mr Gordon McKinstry

Community Councillor: Mrs Joan Miskimmins

Community Councillor: Mrs Irene Wilmont


Glenluce public hall and its clock tower

Minutes of the June Meeting of Old Luce Community Council

Minutes: Old Luce Community Council Meeting

Monday 1st June 2015

Present

Fred Murray- Chairman

Ian Paterson-Vice Chairman

Derek Sloan – Treasurer

Committee Members; Gordon McKinstry, Caroline Heron, Elizabeth Innes, Joanne Miskimmins, Diane Lowe, Derek McDowall, Irene Wilmont

Apologies; Tom McKie, PC Gayle Allison, Robert Higgins, Julie-Anne Copeland

Councillors; Roberta Tuckfield 

Police- report:

A number of items were taken from a car parked in Main Street, Glenluce. A wallet has been recovered but a wind reading device and a Sat Nav. is still outstanding.

A male was seen acting suspiciously near to Bankfield Farm, whilst walking a dog. Any similar sightings to be reported to Police.

A young male ran into the path of a vehicle and received bruising to his foot. The driver was not at fault.

Members of the Public; Mike Lane, Allan Ross and Ian McKnight

1. Mins of Previous Meeting: Proposed Elizabeth Innes Seconded Derek Sloan: Agreed

2. Matters Arising: Mr Mike Lane from the Kennels Glenluce told the meeting that the map he presented to the CC showed that he owned the land that was disputed. He went on to say the new fence was to give his family privacy.

3. Police Business

The Chairman raised the issue of possible drugs being smoked near the church hall as there was some suspect drug material near a door entrance. Caroline Heron has spoken to the members of the Youth Club and she said the children told her that they were sweet papers. The CC hoped that this would not become an issue at the new skate park.

4. Correspondence

  • Letter from Lorna Porteous regarding needing volunteers for core call responders.

  • Letter from Willow Wind informing the CC of an economic and community benefit information day at DG College Stranraer.

5. Wind Farm Survey

  • The Chairman gave a brief update on the CARES grant progress. He then went on to explain the format for the survey which would be available to fill in on line, also hard copies to be placed in the shop.

  • A discussion took place on a budget for the open meeting to be held in August. This was to provide catering and prizes. A decision on this was not taken and would be finalized at the next meeting.

6. Wind Farm Grant Business

  • A quote for the Play Park fence of £7477 plus vat has been received from John Brodie of DG Council. The funds for this project would have to be applied for to the OLCC trust group for a decision on funding. It was agreed that an application should be made.

  • An application has been made for blinds for the hall.

  • The chairman read out a letter from the Youth Club requesting £500 for the opening day of the skate park. This was to help with entertainers and travel costs The C.C. decided to provide £250 towards this event.

  • The funds from FS for the micro grants would be made available soon.

7. Environment

  • St Helena Path– Meeting was held in May with the core path officer which involved a site visit. He felt that a bridge was needed and the cost would be approx £1200 to which the CC would be expected to make a contribution .

  • Clipper Road -The Chairman updated the CC on the alterations at the entrance to Bankfield farm. This has been made into a pedestrian only access. The CC had no issues with this but felt that, as the main local body, we should have been consulted on this at an earlier stage. Councillor Roberta Tuckfield to make enquires why CC was not informed. 

8. Turbine Trophy Day

This is to take place on 16 August at Kirkcowan. The transport is to be discussed at the next meeting.

9. Community Website

     Nothing to report. 

10. 100 Club

June Draw by; Allan Ross, Mike Lane and Ian McKnight.

1st Prize £100 - Robert and Margaret Stewart

2nd Prize £50 - James Miskimmins

3rd Prize £25 - Barbara Paterson 

11. AOCB

  • Ian McKnight told the meeting of an ongoing problem of dog fouling around his property. The CC felt that this was becoming an issue in Glenluce and surrounding area. Councillor Tuckfield to arrange more bins for the affected areas, if possible.

  • Ian Paterson thanked the volunteers who helped plant the flower tubs.

        Next Meeting - Monday 7th September, Glenluce Public Hall 8.00pm.



© Copyright. The Community of Glenluce / Old Luce Community Council.
This website is a community resource for visitors to and residents of the Parish of Old Luce.
The panoramic view of Glenluce Viaduct is courtesy of David Rowley/Panoramio.com under the terms of their licence agreement.
The aerial view of Glenluce Abbey is courtesy of Simon Harbord, Kite Photography. Click here to visit Kite Aerial Photography website. 
Site Design and Hosting: Great-Value-Websites.com